Tuesday, October 12, 2010

To accompany the salad I decided to take advantage of the grill out back and make some burgers!
Food Network magazine does one of my favorite things every month, they compile a top 50 list. Top 50 paninis, burgers, breakfast foods, etc. Job well done FNM.
This particular recipe called for herbed butted patties to be placed in the middle of the burger pre-grill. Melted butter in your burger, Umm I'm down.
I had some thyme leftover from parmesan and thyme crackers I made (pictures and recipe of that coming soon) and saw some "Gourmet Garden" italian blend spices in the fridge. Gourmet Garden products are great in a pinch

With butter already softened / melted I started to mix in the greens
Once mixed, I poured small dollops on wax paper, covered with another sheet, and placed in the freezer until it was burger prepping time (About 5 hours from now...)
There was a time lapse between the butter and the onions, at which time I did as promised and force fed my friends copious amounts of food.
As dinner time rolled around I sliced up some onions with a little olive oil - the perfect topping to any burger
I began patting out the burgers...
Next, I placed a piece of frozen butter in each burger
Covered up that butter
And hit the grill
The reason I was home! He was the real grill master.
Per dad's advice - one flip!
Instead of hamburger buns we purchased english muffins and lightly toasted them on the grill!
Scrum-dittily-umptious!

1 comment:

  1. arguments have been made about whether multiple flips influence taste, etc but i read that it has no influence whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete