Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm not really a cake person - usually find myself craving pie, my grandma's pie specifically, but pumpkin cake? Done and done! I looked up a number of recipes for pumpkin cake, but nothing really tickled my fancy. Instead I opted to use half a box of Betty Crocker's Super Moist yellow cake, and then half a recipe for vanilla cake from scratch. With a little pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon and a dash of cloves I topped off the mix Autumnally. I found a recipe for cream cheese maple syrup frosting from one of my favorite blogs, Smitten Kitchen.

Some of us were not too happy about the cake wait...
The coolest new oven, digital temperature!
Let the mixing begin.
Someone wanted a little taste....

Pumpkin cake is amazing, but paired with the tartness of craisins, even better!
I made two pumpkin cakes, a single layer sheet cake, and a double layer with craisins.
YUM YUM YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Life. Changing. Cake. Lets not ruin the moment with chatter. Just eat.

    ReplyDelete