Monday, October 4, 2010

On Sunday my roommates and I hosted a brunch at “The Frat” (an endearing name that was bestowed upon the original roommates 4 years ago. Named so, because of the sheer volume of people in a small space, and at the time they had all just moved to NY and were sleeping on mattresses on the floor – so by all accounts it did look like a frat)

Anyway this was going to be the location – small as it is, we were going to cram people in there.

I saw a recipe for Sourdough Strata with roasted tomatoes a few weeks ago and have been waiting for an opportunity to make it. It takes two days to make strata, who knew. So on Saturday I hit up Associated grocery store and with my friend in tow, we got all that I needed (minus sourdough, I used French bread instead, b/c lets be honest as much as I like my friends I’m not about to go trekking around the East Village looking for sourdough – and no one will even know it was a substitute, until they read this.)

Saturday Prep Work:








Cheers to a job well done!

6 comments:

  1. Strata looks delicious!! Bud Light is nice touch!

    Yours Truly;

    RDB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks delicious! I have lots of tomatoes, so I can use in the strata!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you mean to color coordinate your food to your cookery to your FRIENDS?! GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! Editorial commentary is top notch, photo quality is superb. Going to go have some potatoes now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why isn't that Blue Laser in a pocket?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new format!! Great pattern and look!

    ReplyDelete