Friday, October 8, 2010

Brunch Leftovers!
After eating my fair share of pancakes and strata for dinner I rummaged through what few leftover ingredients I had and opted to make a meatball sandwich.
I had some pesto, fontina cheese, a little bit of bread and frozen turkey meatballs from Trader Joes.
While this is not the fanciest of meals, it was delicious and did the trick!

After the bread and cheese had been toasted, and the meatballs defrosted, I quickly broiled the balls with olive oil, salt and pepper. I spread on a generous schmear of pesto, sliced the turkey meatballs in half and enjoyed!
After my couch "dinner date" with KB, I hit up my room to find some new recipes, read ones I had ripped out, and spens some quality time with my Martha Stewart Homekeeping Handbook.


RECIPE TIME

(Thank you Food Network Magazine)
I had to make a few substitutions…

  • I forgot to pick up “greens” at the grocery so instead I used fresh pesto sauce my dad and I made
  • As mentioned before I used French bread instead of sourdough
  • As per usual I added a little extra cheese, is there such a thing as too much cheese?

1 comment: