Sunday, October 31, 2010

A quick dinner in a pinch!
Pears are in season, and boy do I love a good pear. For this seasonal salad I grabbed a bag of mixed mesclun greens, walnuts, a bosc pear, craisins, and saga blue cheese!
Scrumptious.

A salad is always better with croutons
I cubed the bread and threw it in the skillet with butter and a dash of black salt.
After toasting in the skillet for a bit, I threw the croutons in the oven for a final toasting
(You can't see much in the photo, but trust me they're there!)

Salad for me +2. Thanks to my forever hungry eaters.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I was lucky enough to come in the door as this salad was being served and was offered a plate of this AMAZING yet simple masterpiece. For someone who tries to eat "kinda healthy" but loves food and still wants to be satisfied at the end of the meal, this is the PERFECT lunch, dinner or snack. Try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect amount of sweet,crunch, and leafy freshness that created a delightful texture and taste fusion! This will definitely make you think twice about underestimating the possiblity of a salad as the main course!

    ReplyDelete