Wednesday, February 9, 2011

You've seen burgers on the grill, and now you will see burgers on the skillet. BAM
(A general outline to follow)
I find toasted brioche and english muffins make the best buns
After reviewing the photos I realized I didn't adequately capture the whole "cheddar cheese stuffed burger" part
Instead I will describe it to you...it was awesome.

I first made hamburger patties, mixing together the following ingredients
1.5 lbs of 80/20 beef
Basil
1 egg
dried parsley
salt
pepper
garlic
After the burgers were shaped, I made a dent in the center of the patties using my thumb and stuffed it with freshly shredded cheddar cheese, about 2 Tbl per burger
I covered up the cheese, pinched the hole together, and threw it on a hot skillet!


I had a few burger samplers this evening so kept some warm in the oven while cooking the rest.
Topped with a little extra cheese and caramelized onions
Voila! Backyard summer fare in the winter months!
Every burger needs a side....

1 comment: