Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A few weeks ago I woke up, made some coffee, and with a bounce in my step woke my sleepy roommate to inform her that today was the day we were going to clean her room.
Empty the closet, clean under the bed, hang those photos on the floor...I love to organize so for me this was a treat, a total transformation - for her this was a less than awesome way to spend a Sunday.
It wasn't long before we switched to wine, and 5 hours later, her room was clean.
As a thank you for folding, sweeping, and making her throw away clothes from High School, my dear friend bought me a cast iron skillet.
Thank you Kelly!

Cast Iron Skillet = Steaks!
Salt
Pepper
Rosemary
This recipe is for rib eye, I used filets


One steak we added butter before cooking, the other after.
I think I liked the butter added at the end.
Medium Rare Perfection
My guest "Pocket Beers" (who you'll be introduced to soon)
Made an amazingly simple sauce for the steak
Red Wine
Soy Sauce
1/3 c. chopped onion
Honey

Cheers to a wonderful dinner and a great co-chef!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that your motivation as an organized chef brought about a new skillet which brought about such wonderfully delicious steaks!

    I came home late after steak night only to find a sweet aroma of finely made meat and hopefully I'll be around next time for a taste. Regardless, job well done Ev. Add another successful dish to your repertoire!

    ReplyDelete