Thursday, November 11, 2010

The more I cook, the more time I spend at the grocery store, which I don't mind - it's carrying all the groceries up the stairs that poses a problem.
And who takes multiple trips? That's silly, I'd rather watch my fingers turn blue.
(Geeze our stairs are dirty...)

Tonight's Dinner: Chili with green chili and cheddar corn bread.
Perfect winter meal.
Sautéing the onions and browning the ground turkey - a healthier option.
I let the chili continue to cook, wafting delicious smells throughout the apartment, and threw the corn bread in to bake.
I adapted a few recipes for Basic Chili , one from a coworker, one from my friend Kelly, and then my own which was strongly influenced by the ingredients I had in the apt.

Red wine really brings out the flavors...

And there are leftovers - BONUS!
Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment