Thursday, November 4, 2010

Food Request: Mahi Mahi Tacos
I have never made fish tacos, and I have never cooked Mahi Mahi. Mission Accepted.
With the help of Bobby Flay's Fish Taco Recipe I headed to the kitchen.
With so little counter space and food covered hands I often tape the recipe to the cabinet above the counter.
Printed out, with my grocery list on the bottom.
My friend Sam made the food request, and was nice enough to pick up the fish on her way over.
While waiting I started on the corn and black bean salsa, a favorite among friends.
2 - can black beans, drained and rinsed
2- cans yellow whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
1/2 a bundle of cilantro chopped
1 yellow onion chopped
1 lime juiced
Few dashes of salt
1.5 tsp of ground cumin
1/4 c. vegetable oil
I rarely measure ingredients for this recipe, so you may have to adjust a little to taste.

This recipe often calls for tomatoes, but I find it:
a) doesn't need them
b) the salsa doesn't keep as long
c) I just love the cilantro, corn and bean coloring together
Salsa - CHECK.
Onto the Mahi Mahi marinade.

Here comes the fish!
Bobby's recipe suggests cooking the fish all the way through so it flakes, Sam and I however were impatient and looking forward to fish a little more... raw.
Searing on both sides for a mere minute, we were done!

Lime, cilantro, onion (red and yellow) and some sour cream. Yum!
You have been "Aproned & Wined"

No comments:

Post a Comment