Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The year 2011 has been a fun one, but my goodness has it been a busy one! Despite all the running around promises are promises, and I swore to my friend Rutledge that I would make him a meal.
I emailed him a few options that I have been wanting to blog about and he chose Lasagna.
He also starved himself for 3 days leading up to dinner assuring he would be able to eat at least half.
He did not disappoint.
I decided on a meat lasagna (despite it being Ash Wednesday (who knew))
There really are a number of lasagna recipes out there, and the fun thing is, you can really mix and match them all. I used this recipe as a base, adding spinach, spice, and a little heat.
Since things were busy I broke up the prep work into two days.
Day one:
Caramelize onions
Mince Garlic
Cook sausage
Ground sausage

Packed up and ready for lasagna tomorrow!
Wine helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment