Wednesday, September 28, 2011


My favorite pescetarian and childhood friend, M.J. joined us for a suburban home cooked meal. Having been a vegetarian her whole life I felt the push for poultry may be a little much and instead embrace a no feet meat option.


Trimming a little fat.
When grilling I like to pound out the chicken so it cooks evenly
Medium rare steak = absolutely awesome
Medium rare chicken = salmonella poisoning
Let the marinating begin.
M.J.'s fish.
In college I spent a great deal of time on the Tucker family farm outside Lexington, KY. There we regularly ate grits, a dish I became accustomed to as a child being raised by midwest parents, but it was wasn't until the last few years that I embraced my love for polenta, the close family friend of the grit.

A great starch, that is easy to make, and easy to eat at any meal!
The recipe posted above calls for mascarpone cheese, not being mascarpone's biggest fan I substituted with some ricotta
and it worked out perfectly!


The chicken was grilled, the polenta was the right consistency, and dinner was served!

1 comment: