Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Alright, so I know I am way behind on this but I wanted to share my Irene experience.
(It's a prequel to what the winter months in our apartment will look like.)

Hours leading up to the weekend of Hurricane Irene my friend Mel and I stood in line outside Trader Joe's Wine.
The wait was approximately 40 minutes, longer in fact than the line for Trader Joe's food.
We had our to go cups filled with vodka sodas (we anticipated a wait) and chatted with those other dedicated New Yorkers in line to drink away the lock down.

Clearly we were anticipating a real natural disaster.

A little rain on 1st Ave. Whelp best we just stay inside with our wine.
Alexis and Mel bunkered down with me for the weekend, and as per usual they needed to be fed.
(And if Irene wasn't going to get us my absent minded fire hazard behavior would - really ON the burner)
Brownies
Corn and black bean salsa
Salami Chips
Stuffed Mushrooms
Tomatoes and Mozzarella
Sometimes hunkering down for the weekend isn't all that bad

No comments:

Post a Comment