Friday, August 31, 2012

Steak. It's what's for dinner.
It's times like these that I wish for nothing more than a roof deck, a grill, and a dish washer.

Since my favorite butcher shop closes it's doors at 6pm, my coworker was nice enough to step out and pick me up a 2 lb flank steak. A slightly excessive order considering there were only 3 diners, and that I only have a pan big enough for half.

I marinated the steak just shy of 30 hours. 
Really setting those flavors in.
The day before dinner was to be served we got a break in the heat wave so figured I'd prep some of the appetizers and sides while there was a breeze in the kitchen.
An all time Colorado favorite. Bacon wrapped jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese. 


And one of my all time favorites. Green beans.

Cleaned, wrapped, packed up and ready to go!

------------------------------------------- 30 hours later---------------------------------------
The steak smelled, and looked delicious. Even raw.
Mixed the green beans with some caramelized onions, bacon, and mustard.
Roasted the fingerling potatoes with red pepper flakes, salt and olive oil.
Okay, so Tuesday was a little hot. 
I had two burners on, the stove on high, a skillet preheating, and we were back in the heat wave.
Despite it all, everything roasted, steamed and pan seared its way into a perfect meal.




I've got to get better at taking plating pictures....

No comments:

Post a Comment