Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Last week my friend MJ came over for wine and whine.
I recently found a recipe for artichoke & spinach grilled cheese... on Pinterest, because where else do we find recipes these days.
 I have an over abundance of frozen spinach in my freezer, maybe is a popeye complex, but I opted to use that instead of fresh
 This is one of my all times favorites and often referred to as "Good Bread" among family.
(We're very creative)
I shredded. 
 I sliced.
 And the artichokes I diced.

Then it was time to grill.



I served grilled cheese, a side salad with balsamic vinegarette and pinot noir. (Thanks MJ)
The salad was great, but the grilled cheese was a bit bland. 
Our next cheesy round I added a little cayenne to the spinach and artichokes as well as a few Mediterranean spices just to give it a kick. It was perfect!
(The salad dressing also added a great zing.)

 Next time... I'm adding bacon.
Happy weekday eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment