Monday, June 25, 2012

Fava Beans: a bean within a pod within a pod
Challenge accepted.
 I've never cooked fava beans before, and most recipes I found described the process as slightly tedious.
Despite the warning, I got out my knife and started de-podding round one.


After a quick dip in some boiling water the beans were ready for their second round of de-podding.
A term I clearly made up.

 Fava beans alone have a pretty bold flavor so I opted to keep the dish fairly simple, adding a few mediterranean herbs, garlic, olive oil, and then topping off with some chicken and parmesan cheese.

 I've lucked out in having an amazing guinea pig with no food aversions, no allergies and an appreciation for nearly everything I cook.
This was one of his favorites.
Favas were a bit laborious, but well worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment