Thursday, July 21, 2011

Potato salad without the mayo. What the what?!

One of my all time favorite chefs and restauranteurs, Danny Meyer has a recipe for

Hold the mayonnaise.
This evening we would be feasting on:
Soy Ginger chicken (I told you I was going to use more ginger)
Danny Meyer's potato salad
Steamed green beans
Danny (I refer to him as if we we're friends) calls for the potatoes to be boiled in herbed water.
A method I have not used before in my spud cooking.




The chicken is marinating
The bacon is frying
And all the while I am not getting splattered on.
Thank you mom & dad.


Potatoes, scallions, and bacon.
Ingredients to any great potato salad



Three hungry diners
A little feta for the green beans
And to a delicious Sunday meal.
Cheers!
Dinner Review:
All the elements of the meal separately were delicious, however combined it was a battle of spices. I'm not sure I would pair the chicken with the potato salad again. Instead substitute the ginger with BBQ chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment