Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm posting this a week late, but imagine it's the Fourth of July, you're in Martha's Vineyard, the yard is peppered with Bud Light cans, and the only thing keeping you on the straight and narrow is the fact that you're about to cook 13 lobsters... Welcome to dinner!

Hello 2lb fellow @ $9.99 a lb.

I think my favorite part about this particular lobster catch was the excitement a few of us had about racing our dinner.
There was smack talking, bets, and overall pride as we picked what we determined to be the fastest crustacean.
This ended shortly.
One of my friends, a good cook, nay a great cook, filled the sink with fresh water.
5 minutes later when I proceeded to check on my prize winning racer, he was barely moving.
With the lobsters near death in the saltless water we opted to rush the cooking process.
Accompanying our lobster dinner:
Rosemary Mustard potatoes
Corn
Spicy salmon salad (post later)




Lobsters of this size take about 15 - 20 minutes to boil.
Place them in the pot head first, and when they're done they will be a bright red color, and their tails will curl.
Dinner for 13.
Never the easiest, but thanks to Sarah, my salad making, lobster boiling, kitchen tool finding friend we managed just fine!
In addition to our rosemary mustard potatoes, we opted for, as my friend Katie put it, "fancy butter"
Rosemary and other herbs accompanied our dipping butter, and added a lot of great flavors to the meal.

It's a summer weekend, I know someone out there is eating lobster.
Crack 'em open and enjoy!

Thank you Kerry & Doug!

No comments:

Post a Comment