Sunday, May 1, 2011

Oh hey, remember me? Probably not - I've been seriously MIA.
Well welcome back to some eats and greets.
The other weekend in honor of my dear friend Kerry's birthday I made some evening snacks.
There were a few of us, some were not eating meat on Fridays (Lent) some, allergic to gluten, and others attempting healthy eating. So then what do you make? Mussels!
On the menu: Mussels in White Wine

Nothing better then a fresh baguette, EVER.
I'm really working at cooking sea food, and so this appetizer was a stretch for me, from ordering to cooking.
I purchased the mussels from Citarella grocery - not only was the staff delightful, but the mussels were delicious!
2lb Mussels, cleaned
2 tbsp. butter
2 garlic cloves - finely chopped
1/2 c. white wine
2 tbsp. heavy cream
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Salt and ground black pepper

Melt the butter in a large saucepan and gently fry the garlic for 1 minute.
Add the mussels, pour in the wine, cover the pan tightly, and cook for about 5 minutes over fairly high heat, until the mussels have opened.
Lift the mussels into a serving bowl with a slotted spoon - discard any that have not opened.
Stir in the cream and parsley (oops I added mine too early) and season to taste.
Pour the mixture over the mussels and ENJOY!


My old roommates and friends Kerry and Doug recently purchased a wok which made for the ideal mussel cooking vessel
Mussels... Get it....

Ahhh the evening was a complete success, everyone left full, satisfied and perhaps slightly intoxicated.
A great sign of a celebratory night.
Happy super belated Kerry!
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment