Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Deviled Eggs are delicious.
I don't know why I always thought of them as a "grandma's bridge group kind of snack" but nevertheless they are making a serious come back in my life.

I made some on Sunday and realized that timing is important, water temperature is crucial, and paprika just makes them look pretty.
So really this post is for me, an easy reference for the next time I make deviled eggs (Friday)

12 Simple Steps for Stellar Deviled Eggs:
1. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water
2. Heat the eggs on HIGH until the water begins to boil
3. Let it boil for 1 minute
4. Remove from heat and cover the saucepan with a lid for 15-20 minutes
5. Remove eggs from pan, and peel under cool running water
6. Slice length wise
7. Remove yolks
8. Add 1/4 c. of mayo, 2 TBL white vinegar, 1 tsp. dried mustard, salt and pepper to taste
9. Mash
10.Return the yolk mixture to the halved egg whites
11. Refrigerate in a cake pan (speeds up the cooling)
12. Add paprika for some flare and enjoy!

Friday is going to be seamless.

1 comment:

  1. Paprika isn't just for flare! Spice it up with some hot paprika, trust me.

    ReplyDelete