Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My old roommate Meredith recently stopped by for a little wine, a little food, and a lot of catching up.
While I kick started dinner I threw the oven on broil and made these delicious Cheesy Broiled Tomatoes. While they normally top pasta, I figured a little garlic toast would be just fine.

They took a whopping 10 minutes from start to finish and were the perfect starter!

My family commonly refers to this bread as "good bread" although I'm almost positive that's not the real name, it has become a common term used among my grocery shopping friends.




Ignore the salami.
We'll address that tomorrow.
I was a little surprised how much liquid cooked out of the tomatoes.
To help, I placed each tomato on a paper towel for about :60 seconds before transferring to the plate.


Delicious.
Fast.
Easy.
Inexpensive.
I'll be eating you again tomatoes!

1 comment:

  1. This was so yummy!! Thanks again for cooking!
    - Mere

    ReplyDelete