Monday, April 4, 2011

While it wasn't all class and wine glasses, our Sunday dinner was exactly what we all needed, a sit down home cooked meal to re-charge for the week ahead.
So we indulged in:
At first I didn't know what to make, to which dear Ashley responded
"Dead baby lamb please"
And with that pleasant image in mind I shopped for dinner
The line at Whole Foods on a Sunday: 45 + minutes
The hours of the Ukranian butcher shop on a Sunday: 8 - 3pm
The line at Trader Joes on a Sunday: 30 minutes
The gourmet meat selection at Associated Supermarket: Very poor

With these stats it was clear that Trader Joe's was my best bet (it was 4:30) And even with TJ's discounted prices the lamb was more expensive than I thought - $36.00

Searing meat caramelizes the sugars and browns the proteins present in meat. Making the dish more flavorful and appealing in color.
It also makes quite a mess.
A Splatter Screen reduces the mess, and saves on clean up ... I should really get one.


I was skeptical about the mint pesto, but it was delicious and really made the lamb pop!
I look forward to including it in future recipes
(It also paired nicely with our brie and crackers - we're a little impatient)



Appréciez !
"Bbbbaaaaaaahhhhhhh"

I guess we all liked it...
Thank you again hostess Ashley !!

1 comment:

  1. Evann - so cool and so fun. But are you trying to compete with Scott Naples? jk

    ReplyDelete